The keyboard can get very dirty more often than you can think. Nowadays you might have to use the keyboard on day to day basis and you should consider cleaning it once in a while. You should follow certain steps to make sure that it gets clean without any problems. You can find many websites which can explain to you how to keep your keyboard clean in very easy steps. But you can also consider the steps given in this article for safe and proper cleaning of your keyboard.
What is the proper way of cleaning a keyboard?
There might be different types of keyboard you can find nowadays but cleaning them is quite similar. You should take the necessary precautions given in this article to prevent any accidents. The most used and convenient method for the cleaning of your keyboard is by following the given steps.
Step 1 – Remove the keyboard from the computer: Whenever you are dealing with an electric item you should always remove the plugs from the electrical switch. You should also remove the keyboard wire from the keyboard for safety purposes. This helps in to prevent any accidents that could happen during cleaning.
Step 2 – Clean the dust on the outside of keyboard: After removing the keyboard the first things you should do is clean the keyboard from outside. If you do not clean the dust on the outside of the keyboard then it could get in the keyboard during cleaning. So it is very important that you clean the keyboard from the outside using wet clothes or cotton swab.
Step 3 – Take all required items for Cleaning: It is very important that you have all the required materials. The most used cleaning items are rubbing alcohol for removing bacteria, compressed air to clean small places, and a cotton swab to remove the dust particles. You should always get these materials from your nearby stores to properly clean the keyboard.
Step 4 – Remove the key of the keyboard: After cleaning the keyboard from outside then you need to clean it from the inside. To clean the keyboard from the inside you need to remove the keys manually. You need to start removing the smaller keys which can be quiet helpful and then move to bigger keys like spacebar.
Step 5 – Clean the dust inside the keyboard: After the removal of keys, you can spray the compressed air to clean the keyboard from inside. Compressed air can be very helpful in cleaning small unreachable places. Particles like crumbs and dirt which are very small can be removed easily using compressed air.
Step 6 – Use a cotton swab to clean the keys: After cleaning the dust from the inside you should clean the space between the keys using the cotton swab dipped in alcohol. This helps in removing the bacteria on the keyboard. You should also clean the keys that you removed using the cotton swab.
Step 7 – Attach the keys back to the keyboard: After following all the above steps you can place the keys back on the keyboard. When your keys are put back together you will have a clean keyboard.
All these steps are very important and should follow them stepwise to get better results. You should never avoid cleaning of your keyboards.
Why is necessary to clean a keyboard at regular intervals?
Keyboards are used almost on every day by every person who works on computers. This is why it is very necessary that you clean your keyboard on a regular basis so that it does not infect you. Studies have shown that if you do not clean your keyboard regularly then it could get contain ten time the bacteria on a toilet seat. If not cleaned properly it can cause you various health issues.
You should always take these precautions while cleaning a keyboard –
While cleaning a keyboard it is very necessary that you follow all these things to prevent any accidents. The keyboard is an electrical device so you should be cautious while cleaning it. You should consider the following things while cleaning the keyboard.
• Disconnect the electric plug – The most important thing while cleaning any electric device is that you remove the source of electricity from it. This way you can prevent any major accident that might happen during the cleaning.
• Safely remove it from your computer – You should also remove the keyboard from the computer. This way you can isolate the cleaning of the keyboard without risking the computer.
• Do not use too much water – You should also keep in mind that keyboard is an electric device and you should use limited water during its cleaning. If you use excess water then it might cause circuit failure in the keyboard.
If you follow the proper steps and take all the precautions then you can clean your keyboards without any problems. So you should clean your keyboard on regular basis to prevent any health issue.
- Tom Drury was born in Iowa in 1956. The recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship, Drury has published short fiction and essays in The New Yorker, A Public Space, Ploughshares, Granta, The Mississippi Review, The New York Times Magazine, and Tricycle: The Buddhist Review. His novels have been translated into German, Spanish, and French. “Path Lights,” a story Drury published in The New Yorker, was made into a short film starring John Hawkes and Robin Weigert and directed by Zachary Sluser. The film debuted on David Lynch Foundation Television and played in film festivals around the world. In addition to Iowa, Drury has lived in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Florida, and California. He currently lives in Brooklyn and is published by Grove Press.
- Technology & IT Accessories2021.09.04Measuring The Success Of Your Online Marketing Campaign
- Technology & IT Accessories2021.08.24Why You Need a 3D Printer?
- Health Care, Drugs2021.08.21What Is Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem and How Do You Achieve Them
- Home & Garden2021.08.13Simple Steps to Remove Wax from a Wooden Floor