What is The Trackable Link?
In simple words, a trackable link is a basic general link which is tagged with a destination page. It creates a unique trackable link to measure the traffic that is coming from various places and sources where the trackable link is posted.
The trackable links can be anywhere like social media pages, PPC campaigns, sponsored posts, ads, etc. the trackable links allow one to track the traffic, their source, their location, the content they come, etc. this will help one work on one’s content and effectiveness of one’s marketing campaign. If you want to know more about click tracking software, then it is recommended to visit this website right now.
After the details are collected and saved, it can be accessed through google analytics where one can get precise data, traffic data, and the lagging avenues, etc.
Process of Creating a Trackable Link
If one wants to know how to create a trackable link, read further:
1. Install URL builder: the first one will have to install a URL builder which can be easily found when searched in google.
2. Paste link: as soon as the link builder is installed. Click on the tab where it is a said to click the original link and paste it over there.
3. Campaign source: in the next step the recognize the source of the marketing campaign source.
4. Campaign medium: now one will have to identify the type of medium like social media posts, blogs, ads, promoted posts, etc. that is to be tracked using the trackable link.
5. Campaign team: in this stage one will have to fill the keywords that are to be used to track the campaign.
6. Campaign content: in this stage one will have to use the keywords or the content and state it.
7. Campaign name: lastly one will have to give the campaign a name and click on submit. One can also use a link shortener to shorten the link provided.
How Does a Trackable Link Work?
The tracking links are built for the destination link or a landing page of which the activity is to be checked. They are like setting up referral based traffic for a primary URL of a page. This way the original link gets labeled and one can track the activity using the trackable link as an anchor.
Then this trackable link is added on various pages and content like blogs, newsletters, ads, social media posts, emails, forum discussions, and posts, etc. this way can learn about the sources of traffic which are worthy and which are not creating much traffic.
As soon as someone clicks on the trackable link from any source the data of source of traffic, location of traffic, affability of the traffic and all such data gets collected by the analytics immediately within a few milliseconds.
Importance of Link Tracking
Tracking the marketing activities and its progress from time to time can be difficult, but if one knows how to track URLs then the entire thing can be simple and easy. This helps in micromanaging the online campaigning and marketing activities to be tracked and worked upon.
Marketing should be sorted and one should be able to pinpoint the sources which are more and more profitable and the sources which are not giving any returns so that one can optimize the marketing plans according to the overall budget.
One can track the data from a trackable link using analytics which in turn provides with accurate and efficient data. this provides the chance to work on weaker areas of the campaign and also allows one to increase the return on investment of digital marketing.
- Tom Drury was born in Iowa in 1956. The recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship, Drury has published short fiction and essays in The New Yorker, A Public Space, Ploughshares, Granta, The Mississippi Review, The New York Times Magazine, and Tricycle: The Buddhist Review. His novels have been translated into German, Spanish, and French. “Path Lights,” a story Drury published in The New Yorker, was made into a short film starring John Hawkes and Robin Weigert and directed by Zachary Sluser. The film debuted on David Lynch Foundation Television and played in film festivals around the world. In addition to Iowa, Drury has lived in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Florida, and California. He currently lives in Brooklyn and is published by Grove Press.
- Technology & IT Accessories2021.09.04Measuring The Success Of Your Online Marketing Campaign
- Technology & IT Accessories2021.08.24Why You Need a 3D Printer?
- Health Care, Drugs2021.08.21What Is Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem and How Do You Achieve Them
- Home & Garden2021.08.13Simple Steps to Remove Wax from a Wooden Floor