We cannot imagine a beautiful and fresh airy room without a window. No doubt window provides us with exceptional benefits and makes our rooms airy, but they also have a security risk.
We need to lock our windows properly to ensure security for our valuable items in our room. But if you do not install locks properly, it can be risky for you.
We need locksmith services for the installation of locks in the windows. Do you know you can also install the locks in your room widows like a professional locksmith? No? Then read this article and enhance your expertise.
How to install window locks?
We never compromise on our home security. To make your windows more secure, please follow these simple steps and install window locks in your home.
Steps to install window locks:
• First of all, identify the window material, such as wood, metal or plastic, etc. When you are determining a window, also choose the place where you will install the lock.
• Once you have identified the window, you will get the idea about the lock. Go to the store and buy a good quality lock for your window.
• Now arrange all the necessary tools such as drill machines, screwdrivers, and other essential tools.
• Unpack the lock and check all the parts and tools available in the kit of window lock.
• Now take measurements and mark placement on the window keeping, in mind your window lock’s size. Please use a pencil to mark the lines on the window.
• Now fix the lock and make it tight with the screwdriver’s support, fast the nuts, and clarify that the lock is appropriately fixed and there is no loose side from any end.
• Now assemble all the locks’ parts on the lock frame that you have fixed on the window. For making it in the right way, you can also take help from the instruction on the package of a lock.
• Once you have installed all the internal parts of the lock, cover it with its decorated cover and check the window locks’ functions.
• It is better to verify two or three times to confirm that everything is appropriately done and there is no fault.
During the window installation, lock takes some precautions for making your lock a good performer and durable.
• Never compromise on the quality, no doubt you will save your money by purchasing a less expensive lock, but it will be a risk for you in the future.
• Always take a duplicate set of keys for the lock; it will help you in emergencies.
• During installation, always doubly check the working for better and smooth working.
• Always take the measures of the window before going to purchase the lock for your window.
Windows locks are not complicated now to install; it’s a better idea to make your home security more strong by installing your house windows locks by yourself. Keep everything in your control regarding the security of your house.
- Tom Drury was born in Iowa in 1956. The recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship, Drury has published short fiction and essays in The New Yorker, A Public Space, Ploughshares, Granta, The Mississippi Review, The New York Times Magazine, and Tricycle: The Buddhist Review. His novels have been translated into German, Spanish, and French. “Path Lights,” a story Drury published in The New Yorker, was made into a short film starring John Hawkes and Robin Weigert and directed by Zachary Sluser. The film debuted on David Lynch Foundation Television and played in film festivals around the world. In addition to Iowa, Drury has lived in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Florida, and California. He currently lives in Brooklyn and is published by Grove Press.